Are You Eligible? Affordable Housing Criteria
Click at the bottom right of the video to view in fullscreen.
Affordable Homes is a government initiative giving eligible buyers exclusive access to quality properties throughout South Australia, at affordable prices.
You may be eligible if you:
- are 18 years of age or older
- don’t currently own a property
- plan to live in your new Affordable Home
- are a South Australian resident
- earn less than $95,000
- have assets within the allowed limits.
Ineligible buyers can apply for consideration of exceptional circumstances by emailing [email protected].
Eligible single buyers
- Gross income must not exceed $75,000 per year
- Asset limits of $348,500.
- Gross income must not exceed $95,000 per year
- Asset limits of $433,000.
- Income limits vary for regional areas and for families with more than three children
- Higher asset limits apply if you are over 55 years of age
- Read more about income and asset limits on sa.gov.au.
When calculating your income, be sure to take into account these sources:
- Centrelink Income Statement or letter confirming the benefit and other income paid in the previous fortnight
- Income or pensions from Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Gross salary or wages (including any regular overtime and allowances) as outlined in an employer’s Declaration Form, payment summary/group certificate, payslips or your last tax return
- For casual employment, the last four consecutive weeks of gross income averaged over 12 months.
Income from your own business
- Your net business income (before tax income minus expenses) as outlined on your tax return for the previous year.
- Overseas government payments
- Workers compensation payments or insurance payouts
- Spousal maintenance payments
- Investment dividends
- Accessed superannuation (superannuation is not included in income calculations unless you are 55 years old or over, and have accessed your superannuation).